June is National Rivers Month and here at Massachusetts Rivers Alliance, that’s kind of a big deal. We love rivers, the wild and scenic ones and the hip urban ones too. We love the animals that live in and near them and what rivers mean to our families. So to celebrate this great month, we want you to show us your favorite Massachusetts river pics and make sure to tag them #MyMassRiver! Send us your favorite river otter, bestie on a kayak and everything in between. Full details of the rules are listed below. See you on the water!
How to submit photos:
- Submittal period: June 1 – 30, 2018.
- Submit photos via Facebook Message or if you are having trouble submitting through Facebook, or if you do not have a Facebook account, email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit photos in digital JPG format. Photos must be less than 4 MB in size.
- Please feel free to use #MyMassRiver in your Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter posts to share your picture and tag.
- Include the following information with each photo submittal: Your full name, email address and location of the photograph.
- Contact Dani Keith via email email@example.com with questions.
- All photos must include a Massachusetts river.
- Photographs can be pictures of animals, birds, insects, flowers, plants at or in rivers with, or without people enjoying the river.
- If people are included in the photo, please be sure to obtain the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and be able to provide copies of those releases to Mass Rivers upon request.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, obscene, violent or other inappropriate content are ineligible.
- Photographs remain the property of the photographer, but by entering photographs into this contest, contestants grant reprint permission to Mass Rivers and allow use of the photographs in Mass Rivers publications, websites, social media, and for educational purposes. Mass Rivers will endeavor to credit all photographs with the photographer’s name.
The winner of the photo contest will be announced via all Mass River social media channels and their photo will be used as the new cover photo for the Mass River Facebook and Website for the month of July.