Championing Water Resources
Through diverse partnerships, the Massachusetts Rivers Alliance promotes investment in water and water infrastructure.
Our work in this area focuses on the following objectives:
- Create new financing mechanisms to support the protection of water resources and water supplies and to assist municipalities in updating inadequate water infrastructure.
- Keep all water supplies protected for the benefit of everyone.
- Adequately fund state environmental agencies that manage water and ensure compliance with laws protecting rivers, wetlands and aquifers.
- Create incentives that allow water suppliers to fund their operations while conserving water.
- Develop financial incentives to promote stormwater and wastewater recharge.
- Prioritize State Revolving Fund (SRF) projects according to their environmental benefits and promote green infrastructure.